Friday, March 28, 2008

When I walked along the absurdly boring chaotic railway platform, the journey seemed to be never ending. It was the adrenaline flow of returning home from a tiring day at college. Rather I guess that was courtesy hunger.

In relation to the things occurred at college today, there were thoughts in my lonesome mind. I feared how the scenario would turn out to be at home. It was the first time this had happened after all! I had failed! Failed in the year of academics!

Who was to be blamed? For my sweet consoling friends- it was the biased system of education running at college.. “the teacher doesn’t like you yaar!” , for my teachers- it was my insincerity... for my parents – it was their daughter with whom their hopes lied in the cardiac muscle [ i.e.; heart .. come on ! I’m a science student allowed to use the terms], but for me, it was ME!

Elaborating every detail that had happened through the year I went on toward the rickshaw stand, [in the queue the life lies!] I was scared, unnerved and waiting for one pious moment. “ A failed woman you are miss!” , would be my interviewer’s reaction in future , I thought. “ Do you have suicidal intentions??” , spoke the other thought in my mind! I shooed it by listening to, “madam, chalna hai na??” , by the rickshaw driver. Finally my den was approaching. This was the premiere moment where a loser enters home.

Using the keys, I got in. I dint want to delay it anyway so I rushed in. I found my mother and stood in front of her, silently, exasperating. There struck a strange understanding between us. “Some tea?” , she asked. Denying the offer I moved towards her and showed her the report card. Filmy moment I felt. But obviously seriousness had creeped in deteriorating that other comforts in life which I’ll have to give up now. This was it! All that I cared about. After a brief moment she completed going through it carefully. I saw the glimpse of a never happening site. That pearl in her eye. She came forward and……..hugged me!!

I could barely take it! Come on! I had failed! Mom slap me! I was getting mad!!! I cried too. She looked at me and said the most beautiful words ever.“I never liked studies myself. I hated examinations. Those yawns during studies haunted me forever. But for you, I had a dream. With you I wanted excellence. Never stopped you with anything just because I knew, you are destined to shine. This is not forgiveness, this is encouragement, mind you! Tomorrow I don’t want you to miss out on my name in credits when you achieve that big name. I failed in my first attempt too. If you think failures can’t excel and have no power to do anything, you are mistaken! That thought would have never made me a teacher I am today! You can do it!

“ p.s.: Encouragement [not failure] is the stepping stone to success

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur blogs r a steppin stone to success...lol..
gr8 wrk..keep it up..
muuuaaahhh..!!

...... said...

gr8 work!!! inspiring 4 a lott of us!!!!

Tanvi Joshi said...

thnks guys.. btw this story is not MINE. it was when all of us were goin thru d fear of results croppin up..!!

Anurag Bhagwat said...

I don't know if it was intentional but this post having being "Untitled" is just perfect. Cos you just can't describe moms. You can't categorise them. You can't generalise them. All you know is that she'll be there for you always. No matter how sticky the situation is she'll make it better.

And about the message of the post, here's my two cents. Its not about the fall, its about how you get back up.

Tanvi Joshi said...

yes anurag it was intensional cuz i thought hard but dint get anyyyyy apt title 2 it.. thnks!

Unknown said...

*sob* *sob*... nice... i want to experience this .. i want to fail!! ;)

Unknown said...

NO I DONT ! lol!

Rohan said...

Sometimes u win, sometimes u learn, but u never lose..:)